SALBOH (State Association of Local Boards of Health)
Mission: Empower local boards of health to promote and protect the health of communities.
- Maintain a strong Infrastructure
- Provide ongoing communication with the SALBOH Membership
- Create and Implement Membership Education Plan
Margaret Brink – Co-Chair
Sara Cameron – Co-Chair
Pat Lopez – Executive Director
WHO BELONGS TO SALBOH SECTION?
It is an organization that is specifically for boards of health members helping other board of health members with their roles, responsibilities and challenges. SALBOH also focuses on the Six Functions of Board governance.
WHAT DOES THE SALBOH SECTION DO?
- Technical support
- “How to” for boards and health directors working with their boards of health
- Sharing news and stories across the state-networking
- Reporting interesting or important local collaborations and activities, s
- Strategic planning or accreditation sharing
- Issues/challenges facing the LHD with board oversight
- Honors given to board members for their work-local and state departments
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER OF THE SALBOH SECTION?
Download a membership application. Print the form, fill out and mail to PHAN.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING THE SALBOH SECTION?
- Networking and exchanging resources with your peers
- Providing input into Section activities
- Discounts at PHAN activities
- Taking a lead in important issues
Tools & Resources
The section has an annual meeting at the PHAN Conference and regularly scheduled conference calls and webinars throughout the year. For more information contact Pat Lopez.
Board of Health Roles and Responsibilities
Board of Health Handbook
Download this pocket version of the Board of Health Training Manual
Click below for two PowerPoint Presentations on Board of Health roles and responsibilities.
Board of Health Training Manual
The manual is divided into three sections to make it easier to download.
Board of Health Toolkit
The Toolkit was developed in collaboration with the Institute for Public Health at the University of Iowa – College of Public Health. This Toolkit will walk you through the many aspects of being a local Board of Health member. The Toolkit is designed to be viewed in brief segments or multiple segments can be viewed at one time.
This What is Public Health? PowerPoint can be used by your department to present information to the community about Public Health. Feel free to add your logo and contact information.
The National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH) represents the interests of local boards of health and assists them in assuring the health of their communities. PHAN is an Affiliate Member of NALBOH which entitles Nebraska Boards of Health to join NALBOH at an Institutional Member rate. JOIN NALBOH TODAY!
The Community Guide
The Guide to Community Preventive Services is a free resource to help you choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community. Take some time to watch the videos and check out The Community Guide Website.
Interested in learning more about SALBOH?
[gravityform id=”11″ name=”SALBOH – Contact Form “]